Sponsors for the Newsletter
Committees that need volunteers!!
success of our neighborhood comes from folks who volunteer a little of
their time to planning and supporting our activities. Several of the
association committees need volunteers to orchestrate the various events
Meredith Neighborhood Association are known for and sponsor each year.
Each committee needs a chair and two or three individuals to help the
Board plan and conduct the events. The success of our events is
dependent on support from neighbors.
4th of July Kid's Parade 2015, Vacant has volunteered. He will need volunteers with the following:
National Night Out August 2015, need chair and volunteers to help with:
- help set up Westchester parks, games, events, etc. Start 8:30-9:00
- operate the games
- set-up barricades along route (city drops off but we put in place just before the parade)
- attend the June 16 Board meeting to help plan, decide on games, etc. (not required but good to do)
General Meeting November 11, 2014 at Hoover High School (will also need
committees for the February and May meetings), need chair and
volunteers to help with:
- Help plan at board meeting third Monday in June and July
- Set-up, start at 3:00 p.m. (will be in Westchester Church hall)
- organize and conduct games
- help pick a band
Bel-aire and Palm Islands, chaired by Stephanie Young and Essie Mally, need volunteers to help with:
- Plan social part
SCRUB 2015, April 18, need a Meredith coordinator (Chair of MEGA SCRUB is Jason Pullium)
- Water plants periodically (using 5 gal. buckets and hopefully neighbors)
- weed during summer
- Prepare islands for Winter (remove annuals)
- Collect neighborhood requests for annuals from the city (done in October for May pick-up)
- Spring preparation, planting
Web and Email editor, does not require Web skills, need a chair and one or two others
Newsletter Editor, need editor and ad collectors
- Work with Board to email announcements - Bridget Brass
- Update Web
- Update Facebook
- Determine articles needed for each of four publications (Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall)
- Solicit articles
- Edit articles
- Work with Graphics person to layout the newsletter
- Coordinate printing and distribution
- Ad collectors go to businesses to get ads for the newsletter, four times a year.
you are interested in one or more of the committees, please contact
William (Bill) Schoenenberger, 276 8730 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
April 18, 2015
Hoover High School North and East Parking lots, 7:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
Sponsored by City of Des Moines, Merle Hay, Meredith, and North of Grand Neighborhood Associations
You can unload trash, old electronics, appliances, tires, hazardous materials, and document shredding. Sorry, no yard waste or metal separation this year.
Check this city guideline
document for specific of types of hazardous materials are accepted and alternate sites to take usable bikes, etc.New
service: The City will provide mulch at the North Lot. Bring shovels,
containers and get free mulch for garden and flower beds.
Need volunteers: help direct traffic, work at volunteer tent, check
addresses, etc. Two hour or longer shifts would be appreciated. Will
have donuts, coffee, water and a food feeling that we are helping clean
Need folks starting at 6:30 until 1:30 (event starts at 7:00 a.m. and closes at 1:00 p.m.
Would like to volunteer or have questions: Contact Bill at email@example.com
or 276 8730
May 12 , 2015 Annual Meeting
Hoover High School Media Center
Social and speakers soon after 6:30, General Meeting 7:00
SPO Guhl Neighborhood Watch
Elections: President and Treasurer (both are or will be open)
Start of the meeting:
Call to Order
Approve the agenda
Approve minutes from February 2014
Beautification - Bel Aire, Palm, and Park flowers
Calendar for 2015
Need for Neighborhood support
Non Emergency Reporting - DMPD Dispatch 283-4811
Patrol services related issues, general police department contact.
Lt. Larry Davey 237-1531or C# 208-7790
Traffic issues, speeding, parking
Officer Chris Mock 419-6627
Officer Tim Fricke 205-3165
Narcotics activity, drug dealing, neighborhood contact.
| Become a MNA Member
Join the Meredith Neighborhood Association now!
Click here to learn more.
|What’s Going on in the MNA
2015 Calendar of Events announced soon
| Letter from
President William Schoenenberger
Check out MNA on Facebook
Read the current quarterly issue and learn more about MNA events, news in your community, and browse our advertisers. Print out an article, color photo or coupon of interest to you.